0
This is a true life experience that happened to my friend who recently secured a job in one of the reputable companies in Nigeria. He's a graduate of mechanical engineering; he studied at FUTO. I was with him last week and he told me how he got the job - it was like a miracle or should i say a blessing from God.

I was happy for him and i decided to share the experience with my friends. It may be a lesson to us all. I'm going to narrate the whole experience in his own words (i'm nt a good writer...plz pardon any error). Here it goes: It was a beautiful tuesday: the day of my interview.

I woke up early around 5am to get prepared. The interview was scheduled to hold by 11am, so i had enough time to prepare myself physically, mentally and spiritually. I brushed my teeth, took my bath and prepared my breakfast. After eating, i immediately dressed up in my finest suit.

My intention was not only to look presentable to my interviewer but also to look attractive to the female folks around my area. You can call me 'woman wrapper' but one thing is: i don't care. By 7am, i was set to go. I initially wanted to board a taxi but checking the time, it would be a waste of money because i would still be on time even if i trek, besides the company is not too far from where i reside.

Although my neighborhood is quite dangerous to be walking alone but that doesn't scare me. I've walked for like 20 minutes when i sighted from afar a lexus jeep parked alongside the road. As i drew closer, i noticed a man standing beside it looking confused and worried. The man was also soliloquizing angrily.

Fortunately, the man has some tools, so i went to work but doing so carefully to avoid stains on my dress. After like 30 minutes, the jeep was back to normal. The man gave a sigh of relief and was very happy. He gave me some money as an appreciation. Although i needed the money but i refused telling him i did it out of goodwill.

My instinct told me that maybe the man's jeep has broken and i was right. Seeing how worried the man was, i felt pity for him and decided to see if i can help. I approached the and inquired what was wrong with the jeep and he told me the problem. The problem was not a difficult one to me maybe being a mechanical engineer.

He insisted but i still refused. He thanked me very much and zoomed off. At this time, it was already 8am. I just walked directly to the company for my interview. To cut long story short, i was called to the office for the interview. I was about to greet my interviewer but was shocked when i saw him. Guess who? The same man i earlier help to repair his jeep.

The man was suprised to see me. He was happy and thanked me again. I ended up not being interviewed and was given the job. "just like that?" i thought to myself. I was suprised and happy. It's been two months now and i'm enjoying my work and the company.

Post a Comment

Select Anonymous if you are not registered in this site to enable you comment.

 
Top